Baltimore Photo Safari on Film

So about a month ago, a friend of mine invited me and some other folks out on a photographic adventure, in search of awesome spots in Baltimore to take pictures. And.....I took my Olympus OM1 and a roll of Lomography 400 film. It was loads of fun! Being able to shoot at whim, and of things that strike my fancy, is pretty rewarding. We spent about three hours walking around downtown Baltimore and since I like photographing people, I had plenty of opportunities to practice. I tried a few techniques to get genuine poses, subtle directions and simple commands seemed to help the subjects relax a bit more. It helped that they were having a good time as well. 

I sent this film to Richard Photo Lab and requested Tanja Lippert's color profile. So far, this combo is my favorite. It's really rewarding to get just a little bit closer to figuring out what my ideal film aesthetic is. Also, this is one step closer to what I want to be shooting most of the time, though, I'm still a bit fuzzy as to a specific direction, and I have a few projects ahead of me. I guess, I'll just keep shooting what I like and figure it out from there.

Without adieu, here are some of my favorite shots from the day. Enjoy!

















Comments